Sunday 5 March 2017

Va-Va-Violet · my first Barbie® Fashionistas™ Doll

· Barbie® Fashionistas™ Va-Va-Violet Doll ·
Product Code: DGY59
Ages: Ages 3+
Release Date:
6/13/2016
Barbie® doll shows off her stylish confidence with va-va-violet hair and clothes you can mix and match with other Fashionistas™ dolls!
  • Body Type: Original
  • Fashion Sewn On: No
  • Fashion: Black and white striped top with shimmery blue print skirt
  • Accessories: Black “buckle” booties, silvery statement necklace
  • Doll Stand: Not included
  • Package Dimensions: 12.75" H x 2.4"  D x 5" W

The very first Barbie doll in my collection is Violet.


She has the original body with a lovely bob haircut in violet. I've noticed that her eyebrows are much thicker than on most of the Barbie dolls. Also they look different to what is pictured in the promotional images on TheBarbieCollector website, take a look at my comparison below:
TOP - my doll; MIDDLE & BOTTOM - promotional pictures;
That difference doesn't really bother me much, I just wanted to point it out.
Her only accessories are black boots for flat doll feet and a necklace. I decided to upgrade them a little with glittery gold and silver nail polishes for a more custom feel.
I think her outfit is unique with a stripped sleeveless top and teal skirt. The accessories give the whole look a bit of a edgy feel which I absolutely love.
I definitely give this doll 10/10 - she's my first doll and she'll be the face of this blog, that's where VioletBarbieCollector name for the blog really came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment